Hopefully we’ll meet each other again someday and maybe everything will be different then.
This weekend, I was really touched by a moment I had with my past Region Advisor, Mr. Ridnor. When I saw him at the officer training conference on Saturday, of course I ran up to him to give him a very big hug and caught up a bit since we last saw each other at DCON. Had a few college talks, talks about his new group and May Board next weekend, and just the good ‘ol Mr. Ridnor that loved to pick on me. While I was standing around a table with the rest of Division 3 South’s leadership team, I feel someone pull me aside and I couldn’t really turn around to see who it was. When I did, it was Mr. Ridnor. At first I wasn’t surprised if he wanted to talk more, but all he said was, “Is everything okay now?” At first I was confused at what he meant. Am I okay? Have my retirement withdrawals finally elapsed? But then he said, “With you and your family, from back in February.” My heart sunk for a second. Things have progressively been getting better since then, but it just warms my heart to hear how until now, he worries about problems I may have had in the past. He explained to me that he sensed something was wrong with me around then and personally asked Mrs. Lotito to update him about me since he knows I spoke to her about it and he was worried about me. Of course I told him more about it and he also gave me his own personal advice and wisdom, but coming to the realization about how much he cares about me just made me feel the love from people around me that I haven’t been really feeling recently. It makes me surprised that the people I least expect are the same ones who show the most concern for my own personal well-being, even without me asking them to. It’s quite amazing how things work out that way, and I’m glad that it did. It saddens me a little that Mr. Ridnor only became my Region Advisor for such a short period of time. I really wish I was given the opportunity to get to know him better and have many more laughs and jokes before we had to part ways since I’m graduating. He did mention that whenever I visited Key Club events or region functions that he’d love to see me around! I’m looking forward to that at least. But regardless of the length of our acquaintanceship, I’m utterly touched at how much he cares and worries about me, and I’m glad I had the chance to get to know him and call him my Region Advisor. Mr. Ridnor, you are an amazing man. Thank you. ~
I wonder how long will it take for you to notice. How long will it take until you talk to me. How much longer is left in this friendship.
Have you ever wanted to text someone saying “I miss you”, then erased it & wrote “what’s up” instead? Or have you ever written a long paragraph in a text and you wrote down how you felt, & wanted to send it to someone special, but maybe you were afraid you weren’t gonna get a reply cause you made it awkward, so you just drafted it or erased the whole thing & didn’t bother texting them at all?
If no matter what I do or how much I try to make you feel better doesn’t work, then why do I bother spending my time on you in the first place?
You question why I always sound annoyed or why I’m so one wordy whenever we talk.
My answer? I don’t know. But I’ll ask you this. Why should I care enough to make responses that aren’t always brief if in return, everything I do for you or say is disregarded anyways? I put all my effort into making you happy, but then are shot down by posts or you saying to the whole world that you’re never happy, even when you tell me that you are. That how you truly feel is always disguised by the fake smile on your face. Directed towards me or not, I’ll take it as a universal message that my efforts are just wasted time. I get too butthurt over the littlest of things, and I’m overly sensitive that I tend to take how I feel too seriously. It’s not a good mix.
I’ve tried my best in the past, but now it just shows me even more reasons not to care or even try.
When your efforts often feel like wasted causes.
I know I’ve had many more friends that have impacted me, but these the people I truly valued our times together the most. ~
- Sheena Fernandez - I’ve known her since 6th grade actually, and to this day I still find her one of my most truest friends. We’ve had so many experiences together, they are endless. There’s also still a chunk of my phone filled with photos of her because she always loved to steal my phone. I miss her so much and I hope we get to see each other again soon!
- Genevie Espino- I’ve known this little cutie since 7th grade because of orchestra and she is an amazing friend. Leading all the way up to orchestra during freshman year and out matching bracelets, I loved all our memories we’ve made.
- Maikee Espenilla- Maikee Corado Espenilla was my first best friend in high school. I know we don’t talk much anymore, but I knoe for a fact that all the amazing memories we’ve had are forever in my mind, and on youtube, LOL. I miss her so much. She is the ME to my MU (insider). She’s too famous for me nowadays, ehehe.
- Jarren Santos- Jarren has been through for me through the thick and thin. From when I met him in freshman year to now as graduating seniors, I can always come to him for advice or even for a great laugh. True brothers for life. :) I miss our mini Vegas adventures together, and I hope we can still have them even though he’s going off to Iowa, land of the potatoes~ LOL
- Caitlyn Nicole Manlongat- This bubble butt and I were such amazing friends back in my first few years of high school. She taught me that it’s okay to be crazy all the time, which might be why I act the way I am today. I miss her dearly, and I hope she is doing well in whatever she is pursuing. I think her parents miss me too ~ ehehe
- Jobie Naval- Jobie is always such a fun person to be around with and she will always forever be the number one grudge girl in my life. We always joked around with each other and I miss seeing her derp faces on a daily basis.
- Kaenan Dacanay- I first became friends with Kaenan because of his very womanly hands. LOL We also formed our own family of friends and he was always such a caring father to me. I miss all our amazing experiences in English class and when we hung out.
- Ira Caro- Ira will forever be my cutie. She is honestly, the cutest person you will ever meet it’s quite amazing. Whenever I give her hugs, it always puts a smile on my face. I know it sounds bad, but I miss her nosy little self always getting into my personal life. Buahaha, but it’s cute.
- Tricia Ramos- The first person of our Tuna Fam. I never really imagined being quite close to Tricia like the way I did, but I’m super glad that she made up for all the amazing times I had during my sophomore year. “ARE WE TUMBLR FAMOUS YET?”
- Hanna Mendez- The second person of our Tuna Fam! :) Hanna is always such a bright spirited person and I loved being able to hang out with her and Tricia and Kyle during my sophomore year. They became my network of closest friends and I miss going over her house literally, everyday after school. ~
- Kyle Fuentes- Kyle Fuentesaurus is the third piece to our Tuna Fam! My little brother Kyle is always the most happiest person I’ve ever met, and being able to hang out with him always put a smile on my face. I hope he is doing well now. :)
- Esther Jeong- Mama Esther is the best Korean I’ve ever met. She is honestly one of the most caring people to be and I love her so much. She introduced me to things such as Running Man and even taught me Korean and how to insult people in her language, LOL. She is one of the greatest friends ever and always puts a smile on my face ~
- Gian DelaPena- Gian became one of my best friends during my sophomore year in high school. I didn’t really know him before, but I’m so glad we became better friends. We were bust buddies and walking home buddies, and just buddies in general. We made fun of each other, but always cared for each other very much. He’s such a great friend, and has a big heart, just as big as his bottom lip. ~ LOL
- Kyle De La Cena- Kuya Kyle is one of the most inspiration people I’ve gotten to know. He always makes me smile and knows how to cheer me up when I’m feeling down. He became one of my closest friends during my time as an MVBee. I can’t wait for the opportunity to go to school with him next year at UCI.
- Aldrin Santamaria- Aldrin always treated me like his son. He guided me through a lot of my problems during my time on district board with him and became one of the best region mates I could have asked for. Plus, he helped me financially in places as well, which makes him a rich father, ehehehe.
- Elijah Kang- Elijah and I first ran against each other at DCON 2011, but little did I expect that we would become close friends after. There was no tension, but rather we became the best of friends. I later became his son when I was given District News Editor. He is so supportive and his cheeks are so chubby cute. Buahahaha
- Mian Ong- Mama Mian Ong and I became the closest of friends during my first year on District Board. Whenever I was in Long Beach during summer break, she would always pick me up and we would adventure to literally everywhere. From Huntington beach at midnight to UCI at 4AM in the morning, she is one of the most supportive mothers among the long list of mothers I’ve had, and I’m thankful to have had her as a close friend during my term, and even today.
- Mark Rayos- Mark was Mark #1 and I was known as Mark #2 since I was younger. I’m thankful to have had the opportunity to become closer friends with Mark along with Mian during my term. They made my summer and life more adventurous and I couldn’t have asked for better friends.
- Z5 Ong- Z5 became my first friend that was an Infinibee even before he was an LTG. We met through his sister Mian and ever since that, we have always been great friends. He is always such a caring person and isn’t afraid to speak his mind when he’s around me. We’ve been on many adventures together, and I hope there are way more to come!
- Johnny Cao-Nguyen- Johnny became literally my best friend during my time as an MVBee on District Board. He is always such a supportive person and even gave me advice whenever I was feeling down. His hugs are the best and I really wish I could have gone to school with him next year. But nonetheless, we shall still see each other regardless!
- Warren Kim- I don’t remember how we met or how we first started talking, but I’m glad that we did. I remember for the longest time, I thought you hated me or thought I was annoying.. We were really good friends and suddenly you just died on me.. But now I’m glad that we’ve become friends again and I love being in your company. You’re one of the most pessimistic people I know, but there’s a fine balance of optimism at the same time, which makes you super fun to be around. You always make me laugh even unintentionally, and even that makes me feel better when I’m not having a good day. Thanks for being a great friend to me for the little time we may have known each other. You’re still the best Korean over Eugene to me! :)
- Alyssa Yocom- Alyssa and I first became great friends at DCON 2012. Despite working together for a year prior, we didn’t become best of friends until we ran together at convention. She will forever be my Nevada buddy even before I moved to California. I love love love her so much and she always puts me in such a good mood. :)
- Linda Taing- Linda and I actually were enemies… LOL Because we ran against each other for District Tech Editor. But little did we know that both of us losing would make us become closer of friends. She was one of the most supportive people I’ve gotten to know on District Board and whenever we hung out together as well. I can’t wait to be best of friends always going on french fry dates when we go off to UCI together!
- Kirsean Carabeo- I don’t specifically remember how I met Kuya Kirsean, but I’m just thankful for the friendship that we have together. When I was first moving to Eagle Rock, he was the one that helped me the most transition and meet new people. When I didn’t have people to hang out with over the summer, we went on adventures together and had fun. I miss him, and it’s great when I see him around sometimes. c:
- Joseph Castro- I know I’ve been acting very weird and uncomfortable around him lately, but I’m still thankful for him being one of my great friends. I literally didn’t know much people around Eagle Rock when I moved, and he showed me around and helped me adapt to the things around me. Plus, we’ve been friends since first grade, that’s something worth noticing. ~
- Megan Nguyen- To be really honest, I didn’t expect Megan and I to be the best of friends we are today. When I first met her on the first day of school, she was super crazy around me and made the effort to be my friend, which I liked. Nowadays, we see each other every day and hang out at least 3-4 times a week. I’m so thankful for when she always tries to help me with problems, and of course I love being there for her as well. We’ve been to so many adventures together, experienced many new things, and I don’t recall us ever really getting into a disagreement or fight. The most we fight is when trying to figure out who’s paying for who, which I always offer anyways. LOL. She is the epitome of a best friend and I’m super thankful to have her in my life. ~
- Cassandra Sanchez- Cassie is like the little sister I don’t have. She’s always such in a good mood and I love it whenever we hang out and do random diys out of nothing. She’s not afraid to be straight up and honest which me, which is something I appreciate greatly about her. I’ve known her since first grade also, and I’m just thankful to have her.
- Marion Barleta- Before I moved, I remember talking to Marion about how much better my LTG was than him. Little did I expect that he would become my LTG later when I moved.. LOL awkward. But to be honest, I am so thankful that I was under his jurisdiction this year and I was also given the opportunity to become closer friends with him. He’s honestly one of the funnest people to be around. From all the times we’ve hung out, he always puts me in a great mood. I love my little Filipino brother, Marion Ballz. c:
- Diamante Cabrera- From friends on District Board, to Region mates, to now my beautiful wife, Dia has made such a significant impact in my life. Whenever we are together, I always find her in such a happy mood with a smile on her face (except when daylight plays, LOL). She is always a spirited person and I love it whenever we go on spontaneous trips together or when we hang out. I miss my wife, Happy Mother’s Day to you, Mrs. Barleta! :DD <3 (LOLJK)
- Andrew Thai- Seriously a bromie for life. I can still remember when I used to think Andrew hated me, but when we became region mates, I couldn’t have asked for a greater friend. He’s always there to make me laugh and also whenever I have problems. Whenever I need to cheer up, he comes to me and makes me feel better. I miss him so much, and I hope we remain good friends in the future. ~
- Beatrice Dimaunahan- I first met Bea through oovoo. Little did I know we’d soon become region mates when I went to the Region beach clean up during the summer, LOL. Whenever I have things to tell someone, Bea is always a soul I can tell anything to. From my girlfriend who traded me for a Korean, I still love her regardless because she’s become my sister. I’m her family’s adopted son and her parents love me so much, LOL. :)
- Kristine Rafanan- Kristine is the epitome of a great friend to be with. There’s never a quiet moment whenever we’re together because we usually have something to talk about together. Because of Kristine, I’ve experienced so many adventures I probably couldn’t have when I moved here to Eagle Rock. I’ve been to everywhere in socal to even flying 6 feet in the air in a car, LOL. I know we don’t really talk much right now, but I’m super thankful to have her as a friend and that she’s been such an influence in my life. ~
- Serwoo Lim- Serwoo is one of the most happiest people I’ve gotten to know this year. Whenever I’ve around her, she’s always laughing and always in a good mood. I am honestly really scared of Serwoo, LOL, but that’s what I love about her. :) I hope that we get to hang out more often now that we’re going off to college! :D
- Jeffrey Xiong- I remember the first time I met Jeffrey, I awkwardly made a handshake with him during May board, LOL. I’m so glad that we became closer friends this year and he became my little brother. We always talk to each other and we’ve created rituals and games we have with each other. We’ve slapped each other so many times, I can’t count anymore.. He’ll forever be my little brother, and I’m thankful for him.
- Helen Nguyen- Helen became my first best friend on District Board. <3 Throughout the year, we stayed really great friends and I’m thankful for all the amazing times we’ve had together. Whenever I had some problems, I would go to her and she’d always try to cheer me up. I love it whenever I picked on her about the her relationship and she’d usually just play along. I’ll miss her so much, but I know for sure we’ll see a lot of each other in the future!
- Isabelle Chu- Momma Izzy is always there for me. I love love love and appreciate her being in my life because she is one of the most lighthearted person I know. Whenever we’re together, I can’t help but always give her the biggest hugs because I love her so much. She’s always there when I need help and when I ask for it and I appreciate her being a big part of my term on District Board. SHE’S GOING TO UCLA. WHICH MEANS WE CAN HANG. WITH SERWOO TOO. YEEE <3
- Rheyven Baylosis- Rheyven is honestly the best little brother I could ask for. I remember meeting him at RTC this year not thinking we actually went to school with each other. I’m super glad that we became much better friends through Key Club and that I have served as an inspiration for him to pursue what he already has in this organization. He always comes to me whenever he needs help with Key Club, and he even has half my Key club clothes, LOL. I helped pay for a third of his DCON, and I’m glad I did because just seeing him have a great time was such a great reward in itself already. I can’t believe I’ve only known him for this year and I’m already leaving next year, but I will for sure keep in close contact with my little protege. ~
- Kevin Kim- Kevin is honestly one of the sweetest people I’ve ever met. He’s also one of the biggest trolls ever, but in a great way! Whenever I’m around him, he’s always in such a happy mood. He’s the biggest hobo I’ve ever met, but at least he’s a good smelling hobo! He’s super talented and I really wish I could achieve the amazing things he’s already have. He’s a great friend and I’m super thankful for him.
- Megan Du- I honestly don’t know where to start with Megan Du. Megan is the overall great friend that anyone could ask for. Whenever you’re down, she can always make you smile and laugh so uncontrollably, it’s quite amazing. She’s also a very logical person and has experienced a lot before that her advice is always helpful. At one point of our friendship, I can really tell how much she cares for me in my darkest moments, and I’m really thankful she was there to keep my afloat. I know I’ve done many things to disappoint her in the past, but I hope that our friendship always continues on. I’m glad I met her through the use of yummy Indian food during RTC (curry, LOL), because she’s one friend I would never want to lose.
- Jared Magsanoc- Kuya Jared is one of the most caring people I’ve met at Eagle Rock this year. I never really expected us to become friends, but I’m super glad that we did. Whenever we’re together, I just love our talks that could go on for hours and hours and hours. He’s always there whenever I need him, even to spot me whenever we hang out and I may not have money. He’s always so caring and gives me hugs whenever he senses I’m feeling down. Kuya Jared and his girlfriend Stephanie care for my happiness so much, it’s amazing to have such great friends like them. Thank you Jayrud, for everything.
- Eugene Park- I remember when I first spoke to Eugene, I thought he was a stuck up kpop star that I wouldn’t want to be friends with me… Little did I expect us to become really great friends throughout the year, especially when he came down here and lived with me during Christmas Break. He’s my half Korean Filipino brother, and I love it whenever we’re in each other’s company. He always abuses me, but he’s such a loving person in return, so everything’s okay. There’s many things I’ve even told him that I’ve never told anyone before, which advocates how trustworthy of a person and friend he is. I’m thankful for his friendship and I hope we stay friends even though he’s not going to ICON anymore :c I’ll miss him so much ~
- Christopher Te- Christopher Te. Christoperf Tea. Words cannot explain how thankful I am to have such an amazing person like Chris as my best friend. Whenever we talk to each other, it’s like the whole world stops because our conversations are something I always look forward to. Whenever we hang out with each other, I can’t help but smile and always feel happy because his company makes up for any sadness I may be feeling. Chris is one person that understands me the most, sometimes even more than myself. I can’t express how thankful I am for all the times he’s helped me along the way, and I hope that I am just as much help to him when he is to me. We’ve honestly developed and established so many common things, which explains us being such twins and parallels of each other. We share so many of the same interests, feelings, and just even looking at him straight in the eyes, I already know what he’s thinking. #twinlepathy. We’ve had our share of ups and downs, but our fights honestly just make us stronger as friends. He’s definitely one friend I wouldn’t not want to lose anytime soon, anyone but him. I’m so thankful to have him in my life, and not even this post right now can advocate how great of a person he is. I know we don’t really talk to each other as much anymore, but don’t forget that I’m always here for you whenever you need me, if you’re reading this right now. I hope you are though, because you’d notice yours is the longest. ~ Love you twin/littlebrother/everything else. Keep being your perf self. J
- Victoria Lai- In a way, I’m sort of sad that Victoria and I didn’t become super close friends when we first met. I always knew her as Brian’s sister on District Board , but we never really became close friends until around DCON 2013. Now that we’re retired and she’s District Governor, she’s one of the greatest people ever. I love it whenever we randomly text each other, oovoo with each other, and whenever we hang out, we always have such a great time. Even though I’m graduating, that won’t stop us from being friends, trust me! She’s always there when I have problems, and I hope I’m always there for her when she needs me as well. Love love love her to death. She’s an amazing individual. ~
- Austin Quach- Austin Quachy is the definition of a caring person. I remember when I first met him at DCON this year, I was such a creep, and always bothered him just for the sake of playing with the elects. Little did I expect that we’d become closer friends during and even after DCON. Whenever I had problems with certain people, he was always there to cheer me up and be his little dorky self. Our lives are so relevant to each other’s, it’s sometimes scary. I hope that in the future, we get to hang out again. He’ll forever be #1 to me. :)
- Lindon Tran- Lindon Tran is such the biggest dork ever, but that’s what I love about him the most. I remember coming up to Lindon back at DCON thinking he was in Circle K. Little did I expect that I was older than him and he was also an elect. >_> He’s always such a fun person to be around with and I love it whenever we fool with each other and joke around. He’s such a pessimistic person, but always happy at heart. I’m so thankful that I got to meet him, and he will forever be…. #2, LOL. Sorry, Quachy still slightly wins. ~
- Hogan Tran - Whoregan oh Whoregan, oh how much I love you so. I’m still so glad that we met all the way back at RTC because you’re one of the most caring people that always helps me out. I still remember how we met like it was yesterday. I thought you were dating Audrey then later thinking you were gay, LOLOL. Buahaha, I just love mentioning that to you because it always bothers you ehehehe. Although we always constantly abuse each other and you hit me all the time, I hope you know that I really really love our friendship and I appreciate all the times you’ve helped me whenever I had problems. I hope that in the future, you end up at UCI with me in Pharm Sci! Because technically, I’m living your dream right now ehehe. Love you, you whore. ~ Take care!
I think I went a little overboard with this, LOL. But I know if I ever read this again in the future, I’ll appreciate all the time I put into writing this post. ~
It’s very hard to say I only have one favorite teacher because many have impacted me in various different ways. If I had to choose a teacher, it would be difficult to do so because there are two amazing people who have impacted my life decisions and outlook greatly. Their names are Mr. James Todd Hamburg and Mr. Joshua Murphy. When I think of their two personalities, they are completely opposite of each other, which I feel completes my circle of what I like in a teacher. Mr. Hamburg is someone who pushes me to strive for nothing but the best. He may be very harsh and jokes around with me a lot, but I know deep down inside, there’s a soft spot that I’m pretty sure he has for me. Despite all the negativity he usually shows me (jokingly of course), he always greets me with a bright smile and laugh. I’ve personally learned so much through his teaching after being his student for two years in both Sports Medicine 1 and 2. They were tough classes, but they were also my favorite. It was quite sad saying goodbye to him and when I left my old school, he bid farewell to me with a very firm handshake. I made a bet with him during my sophomore year that once I graduate, his gift to me will be a nice, big bear hug (because he’s quite a hefty man if I must say). He’s not an affectionate person at all, so he agreed to our bet and to this day I’m still looking forward to it. I thought he might have given me one knowing I was leaving the school, but he still refused to and said I haven’t graduated yet. When I get that diploma in June, I want to go back to Las Vegas and show him that I have indeed done what we’ve agreed to and thank him for helping me become the crazy child I am today. There is also another teacher named Mr. Murphy. On the flip side, I’ve never met a teacher who could be so caring and affectionate as him. I had him for AP World History, and must I say he was the worst teacher I’ve had academically, but he definitely doesn’t lack in the way I’ve gotten to know him. It was such an honor to have him as a teacher for two years in both APWH and being his student aide. When holidays came around, he always gave me gifts and even gift cards and chocolates thanking me for the work I do. He calls me his “adopted Asian son” since he doesn’t have any of his own and sure does treat me like one too. Just like Mr. Hamburg, Mr. Murphy pushes me to achieve nothing but the best, and what sets him aside from other teachers is that he takes his time to get to know me. I think he knows me even more than some of my friends at my new school, which is someone sad, but cool at the same time. He used to be a past Key Club advisor, and he always pushed me to do my best in all my Key Club endeavors. When I lost District Tech Editor the second time, he just gave me a comforting hug the next time he saw me and told me he was proud of me no matter what. Ahh, the feels in this post. We’re friends on Facebook, does that make us good friends yet? But yes, just to sum up this post, these two teachers have really taught me a great deal, both academically and personally. When I had to so supplements for UCLA, they were the first two that I went to for these and they gladly wrote me recommendations when I asked them to. They are always fully supportive of me and I am thankful to have had them as teachers. I hope in the future, I get to visit them again one day and show them that I’ve achieved a lot through their guidance and help. Thank you JT and Dad, you two are the best. ~
Throughout my four years of high school, I’ve never really gotten in substantial trouble… I’ve never been to the Principal’s or Deans office before so I’m not really sure what the correct answer I have for this question is.. LOL. I’ve never really gotten caught for cheating also. Not that I cheat or anything, cough. The most I’ve gotten was shushed by the teacher when I tried whispering answers to someone, but again, not really substantial trouble. I guess the most I’ve gotten in trouble in high school was getting my phone taken away and having my parents pick it up for using it during lunch. I don’t know what other trouble I’ve gotten into to be honest. I’m an angel… mostly. :))